Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wild hair up your ass

My old man used to say "Don't get a wild hair up your ass."  He didn't exactly specify in detail what he meant, but I always took that to mean not to do anything amazingly stupid or foolish.  Problem with that advice is that you don't know how stupid or foolish something is until afterwards.

So, what did I do?  Did I just get a wild hair up my ass?  Let me explain.  I just downloaded the Ubuntu ( Linux) operating system installation program for my netbook PC.  It is installing as I type this out.  It is supposed to be safe and it is supposed to be bootable from a memory stick after it is installed.  That's the method I chose to install it, and it is installing from Windows.  Supposedly, it can be uninstalled if something goes wrong or you don't like it.  Which may be possible.

But that is not all.  Having a wild hair can go much further than just this example.  Another example is this business I've been writing about with respect to a Constitutional Convention.  Even though I've been writing about it from time to time since I began this blog, it could still be a wild hair because it is so unpredictable and maybe foolish.  Not only that, it could actually work.  If it worked, it may be a case of not being careful about what you wish for because you just might get it.

What caused this anyway?  Obamacare?  That law seems like a wild hair up the Congress's ass.  It may have been much better if they hadn't passed this stupid law.  Then it gets to the Supreme Court and they go and get a wild hair and uphold the damned thing.  Now that has gotten the conservatives and the tea partiers up in arms and who knows where this might end up.

But you can go further back and see that it started with the election of Obama.  Now that is a case of getting a wild hair up your ass on a National level.  Because there's no ObamaCare with no Obama.

Maybe all this craziness will end when Obama goes, but what if he is reelected?  If that happens, the craziness could go into warp drive.

Update:

Still installing Ubuntu on the netbook.  It has successfully loaded the OS from the USB stick drive.  So far, so good.

Now the desktop is acting funny.  More to the point, it is Firefox.  But that is a different subject.

No comments: