Friday, April 8, 2011

A couple news items today

I just set up a DBA.  Up until this moment in time, I was operating this under my own name.  A DBA ( Doing Business As) would be needed regardless of how this is organized on a business basis.  Why a DBA at all?  Why anything, since this thing isn't generating revenue?

Well, it isn't the same as going to a corporate nonprofit, but it is a little more than where it was before.  If it doesn't improve, then the out of pocket costs are a lot less.  I won't be doing the non profit corporate idea.  At least, not for now, if ever.  That's what this means.

I can keep this nonprofit forever, if that what it all means.  I will turn over any proceeds earned from this blog over to the company, which can finance its activities on the basis of that.  If nobody contributes, nothing will happen.  But you can still read about nothing here for as long as you will like.

That little bit of business took up a couple hours.  It really didn't need to.  Somehow things take a lot longer than they should.

In another bit of news, I just got an email alert from Chris Laird.  I already noticed that the markets were a little strange earlier, with gold way up.  His alert pointed out that TSX is moving, and this may be some bad news on the horizon, but he doesn't know what.

No comments: