Monday, April 4, 2011

Keeping it real

On the Space Show, which I liveblogged yesterday, Dr. Livingston went on a rant about all the "bullshit" out there.  And Dr. Spudis agreed on about 3/4 of it, he said. 

I went back in my blog and noted several posts which dealt with this subject and highlighted it in that post.  I highlighted it according to the new policy I set forth as of yesterday, which is to have in blog links in bold letters, so as to notify the reader that the topic has been covered before in this here blog.

As for keeping it real, I've been contemplating taking this blog to a non profit status.  But this decision is still pending.  One thing about keeping people waiting is that if you make them wait too long, it ain't real.  So, I'm going to put a deadline on this decision.  It's a go or no go by next Monday.  If I don't know enough to know, it will be considered the same as wankery.   And I don't intend to make this blog an exercise in wankery.

One thing about the non profit, if it does happen, there will be a financial audit each year.  If it makes any money at all, that is.  I will know sometime during the first year if the blog will ever pull in any money.  If the worst happens, and no money comes in, I will dissolve the non profit status posthaste.  That's why I want feedback.  I'm not here to wank or be wanked.  Do not wank me by coming here without any intention to back it up.

I'm not here to beg for money.  I consider what I am doing as earning money.  This is by doing real stuff that means real things in a real world.  If I can't do that, I will consider it wankery, and stop it posthaste.  Nothing about this is going to be wankery if I have anything to say about it.

No comments: