Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What would be the function of the proposed non profit?

I have given that some thought in the last several hours.  Okay, this is not from an expert, so what we would have here is basically a supportive organization.  It will support other organization's work in the fields of space and energy.  ( Kardashev's Riddle).

Here are two non profits, at this point, that I feel like supporting.  1) Focus Fusion Society  (more about FFS), and 2) The Space Show.  Of course, I could contribute to these on my own.  At this point, I have made no personal contribution to either of these.  I have, however, bought a few books after listening to one of Dr. Livingston's broadcasts.   I suppose I could just support it with my own donations, but I feel that I can do more by doing this and using this as a platform to raise money for these two organizations and others that I may choose later.

The support that I can lend is quite modest as this blog, as I have pointed out several times, has only a very small audience.  In addition, I am on a tight budget myself.  I hope that this blog can become more popular and could become a more significant contributor in the future.

There are other considerations, such as how to set up this thing up.  That is, the nuts and bolts of handling the money.  As I have written earlier, my preference is that it be as simple as possible.  That means if it costs me a lot of time and effort just to set this part of it up, I may abandon the idea.  So, a lot depends upon whether or not I can do this the way that I would like.  For example, I don't want the bank to use this as an opportunity to charge me a lot of money to handle these funds.  And so on and so forth.  I have a fear that other folks out there think that, just because this is a corporation, that it can be their own cash cow.

I want as close to 100 percent of the funds going for its intended purpose as possible.  Since, in the beginning, these funds could be very limited, or even non existent, I would prefer that it at least not to lose money.  Even that may be asking too much.  We shall see.

No comments: