Thursday, December 28, 2023

Crash near Cleburne Texas claims six lives



12/28/23: Update to post of 12/26/23:

No links are available on this update, as I am writing from memory. A perusal of Robert Ringer's link site ( which can be found on the left sidebar) provides the source of information that I'm relating from memory. As mentioned in the original post, it was hard to pin down the exact location of the crash. It turns out that my best guess was correct.

Speculation about the cause of the accident is just that. To me, it is a rather odd situation. If I am not mistaken, this was a head on collision between a pickup truck and a minivan full of people. Nobody in the pickup died, but almost everybody in the van died--maybe one survivor.

The thing that is strange is that it was a head on collision, but the vehicles should not have been in a position for this to have occurred. Which tells me that somebody was executing a maneuver that wasn't exactly kosher. I'm guessing the pickup truck tried to head in the direction that the minivan was coming from. In order to do this, the pickup truck would have had to turn widely left, which would not have been a very good idea. Vision of traffic coming from that direction would have been impaired. Without further information, it would be too speculative to go any further than this.

end update, the original post is directly below:

This caught my eye since I've traveled on this stretch of highway on the way to Irving Texas.

Details are sketchy, so I had to do a little digging. It was necessary to go to Google maps in order to get some accurate information about the location. This article says about 10 miles Southwest of Cleburne on Highway 67, near farm rd 1234. It appears to be at a merge point, so one could speculate as that could be the cause of the accident. It was said to be head on, which is strange.

There's not many more details at this time. I guess if I go that way again in the future, this story will come to mind.





No comments: