Thursday, December 28, 2023

Christmas is done for another year, back to nose to the grindstone

12/28/23: Update to the post of 12/26/23:

Been going at it pretty hard for several weeks now. That is, with respect to the address change. A few things I'm finding out along the way. The main thing is that it is hard to overcome inertia. Take a big ocean going oil tanker. It takes MILES to get that thing to a stop once it gets going. Once it gets going, it's got that inertia thing going for it. It's really hard to get things turned around and headed in a different direction.

I can make the move out now, if it were possible to move into the new place. But there's still time before that happens. In the meantime, I'll still keep prepping. Yes, I could make the move now, but now it is a matter of completing the move. This means a crap load of things on the to-do list.

The second thing is my capacity for physical labor has diminished a lot. If I am not careful, I will hurt myself. In fact, I've strained myself a bit already. I guess I don't know but one thing and that is to go full tilt. It may take awhile for me to get moving, but when I do, I really don't want to mess around.

There has been a lot of changes lately. That's another thing. You could get out of whack pretty easily when things are in a state of flux. The changes mean things aren't in their usual places. I'm trying to keep that at a minimum. I like an orderly situation, if you please.

That's all for now on this subject.

end update, the original post follows directly below:

It's a bifurcated lifestyle right now in these parts. Part of the day is devoted to living, the other to this blog. I'd like to keep the blog, and that's why I keep writing something every day. Until nobody comes, that is. What's the point if nobody comes? Somebody comes here, or is it a bot? Either way, it could be bad. I don't know people very well, and who knows about the bots? Not exactly a Field of Dreams. If you write it, they may not come.

I'm tearing down a lot of work over the last several years. The trailer faced the west and caught the sun in summer. That can get mighty hot in these parts. So I built some shade to protect against the ferocious sun. It helped me get by all these several years, but it is now time to go. But not out West, old man.

I want to take the trailer with me to my next address, but that might not be possible. I have to see if it is still road worthy. Therefore, all this junk has to be torn down. It is junk by now. A lot of the wood is rotting from exposure to the elements. Some of it is still in fairly good shape. The build up of shading is preventing me from determining if there's been any damage to the trailer that might prevent it from being usable for habitation going forward. But first, it must be road worthy.

The new place is not far. So the trailer only needs to make a short trip. A 500 mile trip is out of the question right now.

Things are a bit up in the air, so to speak. Decisions have to made, maybe some hard decisions. Decisions that I may not want to make. But time waits for nobody.

Funny thing about how people are. I think I write stuff that should be interesting, but for some reason, it isn't. I think people have their heads up thir asses. But I don't want to be that way. Whatever the world does is what the world does. I just have to do what I have to do.

I want to keep the blog, but that might be something that has to go. A lot of time gets spent here. If it doesn't result in anything, then what's the point?





No comments: