Saturday, July 17, 2021

The alternate economy



Dan Bongino is advocating that people seek alternatives in the market place. Not only as a consumer, but as a producer. Seems like a good strategy, so I have tried to follow that path as much as possible.

But there aren't always any alternatives, or very good ones. Therefore, whenever feasible, I will do that. For example, if there are any social media alternatives, I'll try them. The most recent one I became aware of is Gttr. It appears to be like Twitter. Therefore, I will use it like Twitter.

As for this blog, it is on Blogger, which is owned by Google. I once tried another website for a blog, but it wasn't worth the expense for me. Besides, it required the use of Wordpress, which is no better than the rest of big tech. Wordpress tried to cancel CTH, as you may recall.

This business about cancel culture is way, way, way out of control. It is necessary to fight fire with fire, and start cancelling the cancellers. That's the idea of the alternate economy if I understand it correctly.

Fighting back this way doesn't seem to be sufficient though. Just doing this much doesn't seem to have taken too much wind out their sails. If enough people did do that, it may cause them to reflect upon their sins. Hope so, anyway.



No comments: