Friday, June 15, 2018

Arrived, it has

A bit of Yoda speak, that is.

My swamp cooler is here, and is working as I write this up.

As of now, it is early to say as to its effectiveness.  It is not a air conditioner, let's start off with that.  But, I knew that before going in.

I want to monitor the climate conditions inside the trailer in order to give a full evaluation today.  That means it will run from about 2 pm to 6 pm.  Possibly longer, but that is when the heat of the day dissipates, so the need for cooling is a lot less.

But also, it is running on solar.  After 6 pm, the amount of solar power dwindles down, and then it becomes too much of a drain on this little battery.

Current conditions at 2 pm was about 85 degrees, ( outside temp 91) with relative humidity guesstimated at about 60 percent ( outside rel hum at 45 percent) .  That is a bit high inside here.  Need to work on better ventilation.  Got the a/c on fan mode, and another fan running.  It is possible to open up one more vent, but at the moment, I feel too lazy to make the effort.

I'll update at six.

That is all for now...

Updated:

The temperature held steady, but the indoor humidity got higher.  It would be more efficient if there was better ventilation.  It also stayed on solar power until 6 pm.  That is a big plus.  It proves that temperatures can be controlled using this device and a modest power source.

I did maximize the ventilation even though I said I was too lazy earlier.  Still, the humidity rose too high, I would think.  I am guessing about 75 percent.  My 30 year old weather station doesn't work like it used to.  I have to guess at humidity.

It may help to keep it out of the sun.  During the hottest part of the day, the thing is in the sun.  No shade for it.  It would be beneficial, I would think, if I put in some kind of shade.

All in all, a good test.  Not great, but good.


No comments: