Thursday, January 18, 2018

All caught up? Not quite.

Things have a way of piling up, causing problems that might have been avoided.  For instance, I just ran out of propane.  It is early morning, dark outside still, and I'd like to have some heat.  But no propane.

Actually, there's a bottle left.  But I have to go outside and switch bottles, which is a pain in the neck.

Even though I am caught up, so to speak, and not really out of propane, it may as well be the case.  Plus, I have no back up for the propane.  Instead of the space heater, propane was to be used.  Now, I can't use either.  Things were not kept up properly, so now I am without for a few hours.  Boo, hoo.

It's not really all that big of a biggie.  Not even a biggie.  I can deal with it.  Still, could I have done better?  Of course.

I look around the place, and there's plenty to do.  No reason to get bored.  Yet, I may decide at some point to say that I am bored.  No excuses for that.

I did get one thing done yesterday.  Maybe more than one.  I had some service work done on the van.  It has been neglected.  At least that is caught up for now.  Another thing I did was to conserve some of this propane so that I could run out this morning, as opposed to yesterday when it was still daylight outside.  Funny how that works.  Conserve a few hours of propane, and just put it off for when it is the least convenient to change the bottles.  Sometimes you cannot seem to win.  Even when you win, it seems like you lose.

Was it Satchel Page who said not to look back, something may be gaining on you?  But if you don't look back, how can you improve upon your mistakes?

In the end, what will be, will beQue sera, sera.



No comments: