Monday, January 15, 2018

Off-grid discussion, 1.15.18

There are so many posts like this, it may be a good idea to systemize it so that I can more easily reference it later, if need be.  There are posts that I want in my off-grid series, but this one won't go.  Also, I have the How to category as well.  Just one more way to find posts for later reference.

Now for the main part of this discussion...

An idea to transport the 5x8 trailer to the property popped into my head.  It wouldn't take that much to disassemble the thing again.  Just don't do any welding.  So far, I haven't.

Now, the thing that I may want to do is to attach a piece of metal to the bottom of the frame part, and then drag that behind the van.  What this does is to clear the vegetation that is in the way.  Some of that vegetation is some stuff that can puncture tires.  Once done, I can definitely drive up and down the trail without worrying about flat tires.

This would not require damaging the trailer, or so I think.  I do need a piece of metal that can be attached to bottom part of the frame so that it can scrape the ground.

Even if the frame is damaged by using it this way, I may not care.  The idea of putting a box on top of it seems a bit dodgy to me right now.  I won't be doing that.

Now, it may be possible to obtain a car dolly in order to allow me to take the little Uber car to town and back.  This is so I can a few extra bucks to pay bills.   However, a car dolly could cost some bucks, and the van needs to be set up for hauling a trailer.  Something to consider.


No comments: