Monday, July 18, 2016

Stuff just keeps happening

Not necessarily talking about in the world, either.  Here at home, I've just had to hard reset this computer.  Don't know if I was hacked, but precautions had to be taken.

That reminded me how much I detest Microsoft.  But I'm stuck with it, as I am afraid we all are.

While the computer was resetting itself, I went through my book collection.  Talking about a stroll into the past.  It kind reads like the story of my life.

It is hard to throw this stuff out, but some of it is clearly obsolete.  Besides, the parts that can still be used are so technical that to go back into it will take too much time.  Time is a commodity in short supply.  Time and energy.  I don't have the energy I once had.  When I have time, I don't have energy.  When I have energy, I don't have time.  Having both at the same time is getting a bit rare.

With respect to the world scene, Ronald Reagan once asked in reference to the Carter administration this:  Can you look back at what this bunch has done and say to yourself "well done"?  The same with this outfit in Washington now.  They have made a mess beyond all description.  You cannot look back at this colossal failure and say "well done".  That is to say, unless you are wielding a wrecking ball.



No comments: