Monday, June 20, 2016

Still in the game

Still planning for my move out west.  Sometimes I forget about some of my own ideas, like the name for my little garden in the greenhouse that I am planning.  Something reminded me of that, and I noticed that the post's link was broken, so I fixed it. 

That's a problem with these YouTube videos, if they violated a copyright, they will take it down.  To fix that problem in the future, I may have to relying upon some other way to convey a message.

One of the other problems I need to fix is my problem with sitting down.  When I sit, it is painful.  I am experimenting with cushions, but standard cushions won't do.  They have to be modified so that the sensitive spot gets little if any pressure on it.  That is the key to solving this problem.  I learned on my recent trip that if I keep the pressure off that spot, I can drive with this.  If I can't drive, I can't work and I can't go out west.

Another thing I did for my move was to test water flow from the tub, and then compare it to a battery operated shower head I bought last year.  The result is that the water flow is about the same.  Now I need to test a procedure that will allow me to take a shower while using the least amount of water.  I hope to get that down to three gallons or less.  I think it is feasible.

As far as recycling all my water, I am thinking of using distilled water for drinking water.  Plus, an approved system for purifying water.  Before running it through that purifier, I plan on a multi-step process of cleaning up the grey water.  I covered that tentatively designed system in a previous post.  The goal is to get a septic system that recycles water and can be approved by regulators.

As for the garden, I hope to use recycled water for my spirulina farm.  I was thinking of using the spirulina to feed the earthworms.  Earthworms will feed the chickens.  The chickens will lay eggs so that I can have eggs for breakfast.  I can also feed the chickens oats and maybe, if there's enough mesquite bushes out there, some mesquite beans.  The chickens can also have insects that are out there, plus some crickets, if I can raise them.

But the garden is long term.   I should say my Octupus's Garden is long term.  Still have a ways to go to get there.



No comments: