Friday, June 17, 2016

Household waste incinerator

Prev   Next

This post will go into the sewage and waste subseries of the off-the-grid series of posts.  [Note:  not really a series.  The previous button will send you to a grab bag of links.  The next button will send you to the table of contents.]


This item can be purchased here.  Also at "Wilkinson's" in the UK.  Alibaba sells them in bulk, it appears.  Not very useful in bulk.

The reason I'm mentioning this is that I am looking into a septic system that can be approved by state and county regulators.  The information I've gathered so far would indicate that a holding tank will be necessary at very least.  If some kind of tank system cannot be eliminated, then I should like to minimize its usage if at all possible.

I may be able to get an incinerating toilet at a reasonable price, but it cannot eliminate all black water flows, says the state regulator man.  Hence the need for a holding tank or septic tank.  The requirements for holding tank versus septic tank system is made by the county man. 

The holding tank must be drained according to a contract.   Contracts mean money expenditures, hence the desire to use it as infrequently as possible. 

I haven't put it all together in a water reclamation system.  If I did, I would take the black water remaining and run it through a grease  trap, filter it through a home made filter or store bought one, treat it with an antiseptic additive  [ like I did when servicing a swimming pool when I was a teenager], then through a reverse osmosis system to remove remaining particulates and salts.  A final touch is to let it go through an evaporative/condensation cycle that could yield nearly pure water.

The whole system would have to be approved by regulators.  No doubt, it would cost plenty, but it might actually be cheaper than a septic tank.

But it is new and different, so it may be hard to get acceptance.

There may be a use for a waste incinerator, but I've seen better systems than the one below.

Video is here and embedded below:




Update:

More thoughts here.


No comments: