Thursday, April 28, 2016

Larry Kudlow pleas for peace in GOP

It seems good until you reach the end.  When I read this, I was incredulous.  It struck me as an aggrieved statement from someone who has been wronged.  Did I read this right?  That said, I am reading it again, in order to confirm that or deny it.

I suppose this is what bothered me:

Sen. Cruz, Gov. Kasich, whoever it is. Why not help them? Make them better. At least in my way of thinking, is use conservative principles and apply them to the current situation. Help them, don't trash them. Be civil. Keep the friendships. In the long run, let me tell you. I've been through a lot of wars, politics and elsewhere, relationships are so important.
Why not mention Trump in that sentence?  He only has to win 40 per cent of the remaining delegates in order to gain the majority.  Seems like a real possibility to me.  Maybe even a foregone conclusion.

On the other hand, Cruz and Kasich are mathematically eliminated from winning on the first ballot.  The only reason to stay on for either of these two men is to force a contested nomination.

Trump has gotten this far because he keeps winning the votes.  But that doesn't seem to matter any more.  One thing is certain, Trump doesn't owe them any apologies.  If anything, it is the other way around.  Not that Trump is even asking for any.  It is almost as if Trump will owe these guys an apology for winning. 

Even if Trump apologizes to them for beating them, I am not all that certain that they will accept.

If those who lose want to be sore losers, then go ahead and be sore losers.  Don't expect to be forgiven for it.  You've already lost the votes, you might as well try to keep some of the people's respect.  That is to say, if any remains.


No comments: