Saturday, April 30, 2016

Breakfast repast

This is a long delayed post.  I've been meaning to write this up for awhile.  With the light posting recently, I figured might as well.

Just now, I finished eating breakfast.  It was a repast, a feast, if you will.  The thing about it is, it won't likely lead to weight gain.  Perhaps it will lead to weight loss.  How? 

By switching to a high fat / low carb diet, I am hoping it will help me with a physical problem the doctor mentioned to me about three months ago.  It seems my blood glucose has gotten too high.   This is particularly worrisome to me as my father died due to complications resulting from his diabetes condition.  I haven't been diagnosed yet, but high glucose is not good.

One concoction that I am using to combat the problem is this repast.  It is egg whites with onions, a bit of sausage, cheese, and tomatoes.  I'd say that I'm eating about four eggs worth of egg whites.  The whole egg will be avoided until I get my cholesterol numbers back.  Even the fat needs to be monitored as well.  Only one little sausage, not three little Jimmy Dean sausages.  They are good, and add a lot of flavor to the rather bland egg whites.  Tomatoes add bulk to aid digestion.  They taste good too.  yum, yum

But that is not all.  I add a serving of instant oatmeal ( unsweetened of course), with non-sugar sweetener, a dab of butter, and a few strawberries.  This has a bit more carbs than I would prefer, but the beauty of this meal is that it keeps me full for a long time.  I may eat only one more big meal all day long.  Yay, me.

I have lost about 10 pounds so far.  Maybe this repast is a part of it, I dunno.  That's because I have cut out all of my sweets plus my cokes.  Yep.  That is hard because I really loved that stuff.  It is hard to give up old habits that die hard.  Better to die hard than to die fast.  Diabetes killed off my dad pretty fast.  He had more bad habits than I have, and he never did shake them all.



No comments: