Sunday, April 24, 2016

Fitness Coach

One of my riders yesterday.  One of the more interesting people I've met yet.

He said that people in far eastern cultures don't sit, they squat.  It can be a comfortable position.  Western cultures use chairs, which has some drawbacks.

Sedentary people get weak gluteus muscles ( butt ).  This can cause back troubles.  Ka-ching!  That got my interest.  So, I told him about my own troubles.  He made a suggestion.

Note:

Not to be meant as advice.  Consult with doctor before starting any exercise program. 
Caution as always to follow common sense and don't overdo it. 

Suggestion:

Easy exercise to strengthen the butt:  get a chair with no sides to help get up.  Must use only legs with feet flat on floor in order to get up from chair to standing position.  DO NOT USE ARMS FOR SUPPORT IN GETTING UP.  Repeat a few times and increase repetitions as the muscles get stronger.

I will do this exercise and see how it goes.  If it helps, I will let you know.


Update:

I did the exercise, and I am somewhat sore.  Not bad, but somewhat.  It won't limit me, but it is a reminder of how bad off I am.  I didn't do that many reps.

Update:

Did the exercise again, paying close attention to my body movements.  Yes, I am using my lower back.  No wonder it strains so easily.


Update:

After doing this for two days, I am forced to stop.  My back is hurting a bit too much now.  Wow.  I am a wreck.


No comments: