Saturday, March 26, 2016

I don't believe Ted Cruz

Cruz is our last best hope?

Sorry, I am not buying it.

I've given my reasons.  Let me repeat, and add a few things.  The new part is that Cruz is a well read guy.  I will give him that.  Trump may be an ignoramus as well.  Maybe he isn't even a good businessman, as they claim.

But what has Cruz done?  Where are the scars on his face?  He is getting credit for guts, but where's the scars?  Where's the proof of his valor?  His stint in the Senate does not impress me in the slightest.  He is what I was referring to as the "leaven of the Pharisees".  The Pharisees look good on the outside, but if you dig deeper, they stop looking good.  Cruz is a part of the problem of the so called conservatives.  They talk loud and carry a little stick.

We hear all about what they are going to do and then nothing happens.  Same with Cruz.  You don't like the term "Pharisee"?  Then consider this label:  Boutique Republican.  He is Boutique cuz he's pretty, but that is all he's good for.  Looking pretty, but only offering excuses for his lack of real accomplishment.

Cruz is relying upon Trump's tail wind.  Without Trump, Cruz would have to tone down his language considerably.  He has to compete with Trump as long as Trump is in the race.  As soon as Trump is gone, the Democrats are going to lower the boom.  Little Ted will wilt.  As a typical Boutique Republican, he will fold like a cheap accordion.

Maybe Trump will too.  Then it is hopeless.  All the books in the world ain't gonna give you guts.

I think Trump has guts.  Like in the movie Full Metal Jacket, having guts is enough.  I know that it is just a movie, but do you really think guts isn't necessary, or optional?








No comments: