Sunday, March 20, 2016

The futility of the Anti Trump GOP'ers

Thanks to Andrew Klavan's  ridicule of the Trump supporters, I decided to go to Trump's official campaign site and actually read what his campaign had to say about the issues.

I haven't read all of it, but what I have read convinces me that the attempts to change the mind of Trump supporters by the use of ridicule will fail miserably.  In my own case, it only encouraged me to find out more about Trump.  The result is that I am favorably impressed with what he has on his website.  Yes, I haven't read it all, so my initial impression could be incorrect.

I will continue reading his website, and will report back later if I find anything objectionable about it.

The point is that a lot of things get said, but that doesn't necessarily make them true.  This is the case no matter the source.

The best one can do is to do your own due diligence and see for yourself.  You can watch the debates, but these are flawed.  You can go to campaign rallies and let the man talk while you listen, and decide on that basis.  I don't have the time for that.  Or you can watch videos of what he says, and let the unfiltered truth come out of his own mouth do the convincing.  In addition, you can go to his website as I have and read what he has to say.  I find that this is the most time efficient way of  finding out where he stands on the issues.

"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."  It seems that if those who wish to convince others of something, stop insulting their intelligence.  Nobody will be convinced like that.


No comments: