Sunday, November 16, 2014

Quick test with the drill

This isn't worthy of another installment in the off-the-grid series.  But I've got to write something, because the day is getting late and I haven't posted anything.

I watched the Texans-Browns game today.  That took up several hours.  Other than that, I was snoozing.  I've been doing a bit more of that than I should.  It's not helping, either, judging from my reaction in watching the game.  My backside starting complaining again.  So, I'd better think up something for that.  I can't lie down all the time.

When I got back, I noticed my Bentonite sand experiment of a few weeks ago.  I decide to try the drill on it as with the first experiment.  The 1/2 drill bit worked fine, but as before, the sample broke up with the 1 inch bit.  I had another sample available, though, so I tried again.  This time, it didn't break up.  I got a clean hole all the way through.  I tried the PVC pipe through it, and it fits.  So, I'd like this kind of result when I get out there.  Hopefully, the odds are good that I will.


No comments: