Tuesday, November 18, 2014

California Dreamin'---- Mamas and the Papas

It was the Wikipedia that said that this song was a sign post for the arrival of the counter culture of the sixties.

Whoa!  I really liked this song back then.

Further reading uncovered this gem of a quote from Pat Nixon ( former first lady and wife of President Nixon)
In an interview with journalist Gloria Steinem during the 1968 US presidential campaign, soon-to-be First Lady Pat Nixon exposed the generational chasm in worldview between Steinem, 20 years her junior, and herself after Steinen probed Mrs. Nixon as to her youth, role models, and lifestyle. A hardscrabble child of the Great Depression, Pat Nixon told Steinem, "I never had time to think about things like that, who I wanted to be, or who I admired, or to have ideas. I never had time to dream about being anyone else. I had to work. I haven't just sat back and thought of myself or my ideas or what I wanted to do...I've kept working. I don't have time to worry about who I admire or who I identify with. I never had it easy. I'm not at all like you...all those people who had it easy."

Ka-ching!!!!

Liberals had it easy and savaged the woman who never had it easy.  Yet liberals have the gall to claim that they are for the common man.  What a load of crap.  Nothing changed, though.  The gullible public still believes the lies of the left and we end up with Hussein in the White House.






No comments: