Sunday, November 16, 2014

Popularity is vastly overrated

My opinion of course.

Look, I read Instapundit on a regular basis.  He has something there that serves as a proxy for interest that I notice from time-to-time.

So, there's this post that is off the charts.  Why is that?  To me, this isn't newsworthy.  Not worth anybody's time, yet look at all the people who so interested in it.

I did do some rearranging of the deck chairs of the popular posts on my own blog, but this one does remind me of the trap of seeking popularity.  Stuff like some broad being upset about what a man wears isn't worthy of mention.  So, I haven't mentioned it, until now.  Only mentioning now due to the fact that so many others seem interested in something so meaningless.

If I spent all my time looking for popularity, I'd be looking for stories like that.  No wonder then that we get such crap.   People seem to prefer it.


No comments: