Sunday, September 21, 2014

Water filtration pics overnight results

As you can see, mostly clear water.  However, it is definitely not clean, judging by the smell.  ( ick)

The water's speed through the filter has been noted.  This started at 3PM yesterday, and this much had filtered out since then until 4AM this morning.  That is, a little over 4 ounces of water in 13 hours.  Very slow.

I can get clear water this way, and by using charcoal, which I am not using here.  However, the charcoal left a yellowish tint to the water, which leaves the question of whether or not this current set up will remove that tint.  That's what I could be trying next.


Mostly top view


Over the top



Side view
Update:

The change to using charcoal once again has not produced the results hoped for.  The water still smells, and although it is early, it looks as if it might turn yellow again too.  I added another layer of sand directly after the charcoal before it hits the rocks and the sand below on the next level.  Perhaps this will help.  I will run the water through several times to establish the results.  I'm not too confident at this point.



No comments: