Thursday, June 12, 2014

Stepping outside the box

The mind that caused the problem cannot be the mind that solves it.  That's paraphrasing Einstein if I am not mistaken.

In order to step outside the box, you have to learn how to think in terms of concepts and principles.  That's something that is also something of a paraphrasing and a twist of the language just a bit.  The paraphrase comes from an entrepreneur who wrote a book about how to be an entrepreneur.  I read that book, but alas, I did not become an entrepreneur.  Or should I say, not a successful one.  Anyway, the guy said you need to think in terms of concepts.  I added principles to that too.  To put that another way, you have to get on another plane of thinking that goes beyond the mundane.  That's what the man is referring to, in my opinion.  I still have the book somewhere, but it will be hard to find.  I'm not the most organized person around.  Stepping outside the box is getting beyond the mundane, okay?  Got that?

We are too engrossed in our day to day lives that we cannot get beyond the mundane.  But we'd better because the system has gone haywire and we need to get it back in good operating condition.  In order to understand what has gone wrong, you are going to have to get outside the box.


1 comment:

Emily Walsh said...

Hello!

I have a quick question for you, could you email me when you have a chance? Thanks! –Emily

EmilyDWalsh(at)gmail(dot)com