Tuesday, June 10, 2014

About this Remnant

That's also a familiar term.  I saw Bill Whittle use it once--- it was either a blog post or a video.  Sorry, I can't remember which.  Barnhardt has a post up about the Remnant.  Maybe Whittle got it from Barnhardt?

I'm not going to worry if I'm in the remnant or not.

She linked to her economic series on Youtube.  Frankly, it is too long.  Somebody claimed that it was too short or left out something.  Look, I only got as far as money.

Money is nothing but a medium of exchange.  That's all that it is.  She turns it into something more complex.  That's where she lost me.  Does that mean I'm stupid?  I think not.  I know what money is.  Evidently, she is too "civilized".  A ten year knows what money is.  You don't need that much complexity.

I also question her reason why the system must implode.  Not saying that it will or it won't.  I'm thinking it will, but so far it hasn't.  Maybe there's something I don't know.  The truth is slippery.

What's the worse that can happen?  Everybody could go bankrupt.  So what.  Germany got bombed into smithereens, yet it was rebuilt.  Now, if everybody went broke, we could start over.  Frankly, I don't think our problems are with the monetary system.  Not that the monetary system is okay, which I don't believe it to be.  We could survive that kind of collapse.  The real collapse is in the people itself.

On that account, we could be in a lot of trouble.  But it is one thing that is hard to see because the changes take a long time.  Just in my lifetime, I have seen the downward trend in the culture.  There was school prayer.  Take that away in 1963, and now we've got same sex marriage fifty years later.  If you predicted that the ending of school prayer would lead to homosexual marriage and they'd a said you were paranoid.  But look what happened.  What will be the case in 50 years?  I shudder to think.  But if I predicted that it would lead to a societal collapse, they'll say I'm paranoid.

You ain't paranoid if it really does happen.

The Remnant could be anybody.  If nobody knows who the Remnant is, then why worry about it?  I think Barnhardt worries about it.  She thinks she's preaching to it.  Maybe she is and maybe she isn't.  Maybe she's in it and maybe she isn't.  But she sure is sure that she is.


No comments: