Thursday, April 3, 2014

A possible reason for increased suicides in the military

This is but speculation. I have no evidence to support it.  It is also quite damning if true.

I read not too long ago ( sorry I forgot where I saw it ) that male-on-male sexual assault in the military is on the increase.  The rise in suicides may not be a mere coincidence.

This reminded me of the research that I did on prison rape some 10 years ago.  President Bush wanted to do something about prison rape.  It may well be that he failed on that and on something even more important, which is this trend in the military. The victims of prison rape sometimes will commit suicide ( well it was 10 years ago, so my memory may not be correct, but I suspect that some men cannot accept their bad experiences and take it out on themselves.)

Now, my speculation is this:  what does it do to a young man who idealistically joins the military in order to defend his country only to have that country allow something like this to be done to him?  The young man can turn his rage outward or inward and commit suicide.  That's my speculation.

We now have "gay pride" marches in the military.  If what I speculate about the suicides is true, then this is a very dark time in our history.  It must be reversed or we are finished.  Our society cannot tolerate this.


No comments: