Monday, April 22, 2013

A few musings before I go to work

There's nearly a thousand views of my Blogger profile.  Perhaps people are bit curious about me.  I try to be wizzy wig--- "what you see is what you get"..  What you see here is me.  Read the blog if you are curious.

I don't have a wall full of awards, diplomas, nor patents.  I've got a BS in computer science, but no professional career to speak of.  I have to earn my bones here, which is a bit of a challenge to say the least.

At the beginning of the blog, I got a lot of zero pageview days.  Yesterday, I had 350 pageviews.  It has been a long, hard slog to get to that modest total.  I put in a lot of work to get that.  I don't want to seem arrogant, but damn it, I have earned what little I've got here.

This is a very hard thing to do, but I feel I'm making progress.  At times though, it seems like I'm just spinning my wheels.  I get tired a lot these days.  I really work hard for a guy my age.  A regular job where I put in 50 hours a week or more, and this.  I get up very early, as you can see.

All in all, I'm pleased with what I've done here even if it isn't all that appreciated nor noticed.  I'm happy with what I've got.  But I want more.  It's frustrating sometimes that I can't do better.


No comments: