Saturday, April 27, 2013

Should Google Go Nuclear? Clean, cheap, nuclear power (no, really)

An "oldie" but goodie video.  This discussion went over my head when I first watched it.  Only after it was a bit explained by Tom Ligon in another video did I begin to get it.  Anyway, this was the first I had heard of Robert Bussard.

Not that he was an obscure figure or anything.

At the time, I was looking for a solution for the energy problem and I found this video.  This video led me to the Space Show, on which Bussard spoke at least once.  I think the Space Show introduced me to some ideas about space, including John Lewis' Mining The Sky.

It's what it's all about.  Going to the asteroid belt to mine asteroids will be fabulously rich enterprise if anybody ever figures it out and does it.


No comments: