Monday, May 16, 2011

What is a compulsator?

That's the question of the day. You see, I started posting all about Fusion Propulsion and I don't know what the heck I am talking about. I had to go back to Trent Waddington's post about Fusion Propulsion in February and take it from there.  Somehow, the Wikepedia post wasn't good enough to me.  I wanted a better explanation.  I found this on YouTube.  It seems to help a little to actually "see" it.



Next question: would such a device be workable in a space craft? It needs to spin very fast, so it needs a power source, of course. But we knew that already. I wonder if that would be a problem in space- not the power, but the spinning of the thing.

Update:


Some looking around yielded this, which looks like it may be what I'm looking for.

No comments: