Sunday, May 15, 2011

New Sidebar Entry- Fusion Propulsion

I think I'll call it fusion propulsion.  Why?  Of all the things I've posted, this is the one thing that could be a real difference maker.  Not that it will be, but it could be.

Fusion propulsion can solve a few problems with deep space travel.  For one thing, it can be faster.  If space travel can be sped up significantly, some of the other issues can be minimized.  Such as microgravity, for one.  If a spacecraft can get to Mars in days instead of months, it will be a much simplified task.  Not just with microgravity, but with a number of other issues, such as life support and radiation.  The shorter the mission is in terms of time, the greater the probability that a problem won't risk the mission or the crew.

I will go back through all my posts on the subject, and attach the new label to it.  Anybody interested can click on that label and pull up all the posts that I've written about it.

No comments: