Monday, December 13, 2010

Pet Peeve

I guess this is just a problem for yours truly.  But this internet service that I've got is a wireless system and it is limited to 5 gig a month in data.  This is something I didn't consider nearly two years ago when I signed this 2 year contract.  But the 5 gig is starting to look pretty limiting.  For instance, I just went to the Xtranormal site to download an update for the state software package that I've been using for these cartoon videos.  But the download file is over 200 meg.  That just won't do.  It is way to easy to go over the limit if I keep up at that rate, so I have to pass on these updates.  Not only in this case, but in many others. 

I have to watch these automatic updating programs, too.  They'll start grabbing bandwidth right and left, and before you know it, I can't access websites.  In my opinion, it is just sloppy management of these software creators.  Their programs are too big and too buggy.  With all these software updates, its a doggone miracle if you can get anything done.

All right, I feel better now.

No comments: