Sunday, December 12, 2010

Keeping my rear in gear

Well, today is Sunday. This is a day of rest, and I think I need it. What
I mean is that I'm getting a little off center here. Someone might raise
their eyebrows to that and say "oh?".

Yeah. I've been knocking myself out here. I feel pretty proud of my work
here, even though it may not appear to be much, I keep after it constantly.
And I feel a certain exhiliration from every little tiny step in progress
that this blog makes. But I can't let that get me off center. Those little
things make me want to work even harder, but there are other priorities. When
those get neglected, you can get yourself into a bit of trouble.

So many thoughts rush through my mind. I have to manage them. Otherwise,
the ideas get lost and never make it here. If that happens, it's a shame.
But life is that way. So much gets lost in the hustle and bustle. So many
things to do. So little time.

I'm going to remind myself in this post that I want to remember to do a
few things. This helps me keep my focus. One thing I want to cover in
future posts is this topic: keeping centered. How does one do this? I
tell you saying it and doing it are two different things entirely. Having
a day of rest or reflection or meditation or whatever has to be a part of
that regime. The major religions do it. Not that I consider myself a
religious man, but if so many people through the ages do this, it must be
a necessary thing. I wouldn't rush to cast off a practice that has
served so many people for so well for so long.

So, I am going to slow down and meditate, cogitate, and ruminate. At
least for five minutes anyway!

Update:

By the way, yesterday was this blog's best day yet.  I want to thank my readers
for their support.  Another thing I want to remember is to be grateful.  So, thank
you all very much.

No comments: