Saturday, December 18, 2010

Contest

You know what?  This blog is dying out here.  No audience to speak of.  Instead of crybabying about it, I decided to do something about it.  I am considering having a contest.  You will be able to have an opportunity to win a prize.  How much of a prize?  I haven't decided yet.  But it can't be huge.  Maybe not even big.  But something.

If it is a go, then I am going to advertise this contest, so there could be plenty of contestants.  Hopefully they'll be plenty of contestants.  Here's what I'll do.  I'll give a heads up here and let my normal readership have first shot at entering.  If anything goes wrong and/or nobody shows, I will cancel the contest, but still give a winner a consolation prize for participating.

The winner will be based upon picking a winning lottery number.  No, it is not the Texas lottery, just their winning numbers.  In order to win, you have to enter.  I'll have the contestants pick 6 numbers between 1 and 50, which corresponds to the Texas lottery numbers.  I think I'll have the winning numbers selected from the results of the next Wednesday's drawing.

Here's the procedure.  The numbers are sorted in ascending number.  We'll chose the winner on the basis of the match in order of the increasing numbers.  For example let's says the winning numbers are 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30.  If you are the only one who picks 5, you win.  If nobody picks 5, we go to the next number and repeat the procedure.  We'll go through all 6 six numbers until we get a winner.  If there is no winner, or a tie, then we'll use this procedure:  tell a joke.  The joke I like the best, wins.

Here's how to enter.  Select your six numbers between 1 and 50.  Tell a joke.  Put this into a comment to the go post.  You must send an email to me as well.  In the email, put a pin number of at least 6 digits.  The pin number is necessary in order to identify you.  Your pin must match your identification in your comment. Do not put the pin number in the comment.  Put it in the email plus your winning number that you selected.  This has to match what your commented and emailed.  If you can't identify correctly, you can't claim the prize.  Please note:  I do not want your email addresses!!!!!!!!!!!  I am not doing this to put you on a spam list.  This is just a way to promote this blog.  That is all it is.  So, don't worry about my intentions.  Please.  This is legitimate, ok?

If you are the lucky winner, then you must claim the prize.  If you win, you must send me your mailing address so that I can mail you a certified check.  You have to include this information, or I can't send you the prize money.  Again, I am not interested in selling your information.  So, please don't worry about it.  By the way, this has to be an address here in the USA.  I won't mail to a overseas address.

I will put up the post with the winner numbers from the lottery and you will have to come back to see if you win.  Also, if there are no winners from the lottery numbers, I will have to select a winner based upon your joke.  In that event, I will post the winner here.  But you still have to claim the prize in the procedure that I have mentioned.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.  I will let you know if the contest is a go.  Let me know something, please.  Participate in the poll at the bottom of the page, or make a comment or give some feedback after the go post.  This is not the go post.  I will tell you when it is the go post.  That should happen sometime today based upon the response here.  That way, I'll know if I want to fool around with this idea much further.

I will update with any changes if necessary.  That is all for now.  Stay tuned.


Update:

The ad has been up for most of one day and I see no response.  Let's do this: if there is some indication of an interest in this idea, then I'll consider doing it.  Until then, I won't spend time on it.  This blog is okay as long as it doesn't cost me money.  I can deal with it if I can 't make money with it, but I can't spend money on it if there isn't any response to it.

No comments: