Friday, December 24, 2010

In a reflective mood

As I am writing this.  After a little over 3 months and a bit over 200 posts, what have I accomplished?  I think you could say that it is a modest beginning.  Secondly, you can say that it is a hobby, not a business.  Third, I have received something of an education.  All in all, it has been fun.  I've enjoyed it.  But it is a serious world out there, and hobbies have to give way to real world stuff.  But no, this is not goodbye.  I like doing this, and I want to continue.  But I will have to throttle down a bit and turn my attention elsewhere.  Most likely, at some point early in the next year, I will be working full time again at a regular job.  Hopefully, I will have enough time and energy to come back here and do some of this stuff.  I think I will, but you never know.

I will try to do at least one post every day.  But I can't guarantee it.  I have managed to get a small audience going here.  The risk is that I will lose you.  What little I've managed to get has been hard won.  I hate losing it, but it is what it is.

I may try to integrate this blog into my "day" job. If my new job is anything like my old one, I will go places.  It might well be interesting to post about the places I will go and the things I will do.  That could be fun too.  So, don't go away.  I am too stubborn to give up that easily.  Stay with me.  Over time, things could change in such a way that it may be possible to do this on a full time basis.  It may take a bit of luck, but sometimes you get lucky.

No comments: