Friday, March 1, 2019

Obligatory, 3.1.19

Another one of these stream-of-consciousness type posts.  These kind of posts become necessary because of a brain freeze.  Something happens when sometimes when I get in front of a screen, and the brain won't work the way I want it to.

So, the thing to do is to do a chronological type post of sorts, or it could be what I am thinking right now, such as a stream-of-consciousness thing.  Either way, it's bad.

Let's get on with it, shall we?  You, me, and I--- a Freudian thing that.

Never mind.  Yesterday, I did a bit of research beginning with James Cameron, the film maker.  Once I read up a bit on his movie Avatar, I realized what I was reading was a type of religious statement.  All of that stuff in Avatar is religious in nature.   Cameron is evidently a real believer in the nature cult, it seems.  They were all networked into the Home Tree.  Woo-hoo.  What a concept.

It made me want to dig up what is out there on the Christian religion from the secularist point of view.

You see, what they will say, because I have thought of it myself, I know it to be true--- that it is just all a story.  It is like Avatar.  This will shock some people, I am sure.  Don't you believe, some might ask incredulously.  I've gotten that reaction before, too.

What I choose to believe up to now, and now it may be questioned a bit, is that people will not be willing to die over something they KNOW to be false.  Would you give your life for something that you don't believe in, and with all your heart know, to be FALSE?????

The Christian martyrs did die for something.  They do it to this very day.  There can be no doubt that they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.  At least, that is what I think.  For you get to live only one time.  If you are going to die over something, it ought to be for something you have very, very strong feelings and beliefs about.  It is hard for me to believe that someone, if given the opportunity to live, would choose death over life in support of a lie.  But I suppose there are people who would die in support of a belief in what??? No belief!  If they were to truly believe that there is nothing to believe in, and that is the truth, then they may be willing to die in support of that.  But then again, if they believe there is no truth at all, then would they be willing to die for something that they know is not true at all?

Does this discussion seem confusing?  It may seem so.  It kinda depends upon how well I write, and perhaps I don't express it well enough.  Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.   This is tough to write about, and to do it well may take a better writer.

I don't believe that people will give their lives over something they know to be false, when to disavow it, would enable them to continue to live.  The early Christian martyrs, who knew Jesus of Nazareth personally, would not have been willing to die if they knew he was not who he said he was.  That is what I choose to believe.  Is that wrong, or is it right?

It is something you have to decide for yourself.  You may be called upon to die for something, so what do you really believe?  That we are just a bunch of smart apes?  We are all just a part of nature, and that that is all there is?   Would James Cameron die for that little artificial world he created in his film Avatar?  Or is it all just a bunch of bullshit he thought up in order to make a buck?




No comments: