Friday, February 20, 2015

Rise and shine, 2/20/15

I've written one of these before, and since I have been organizing the blog chronologically, I'd thought I'd make this a new feature of that type.  It will be whatever I wake up with after a night of sleep.  Now, let's inventory these new features of late:  1) this one 2) news items  3) a post before I go  4) whatever I can blog while I'm working 5) a post when I arrive home from work.  That could mean 5 regular posts per day during the week.  On the weekends, I could keep the practice, but eliminate 3,4, and 5.  At the end of the day on Saturday, I will write a post about the week's writings.

If I think of anything else, I will include it in a new feature.

I was thinking of this new feature this morning, plus something else.  There appears to be a schism in the GOP, and maybe it will break wide open soon.  I know that I've been calling for a new party and there have been others who seem to be doing something similar.  Perhaps the country is waiting for a new party to arise, but what that party may develop into is anybody's guess.

Remember Ross Perot's Reform Party?  You don't hear much about it anymore.  I just now checked out Perot's entry in Wikipedia.  I wasn't a Perot supporter back then, but it does appear that he made some sense.  I figured that he was too friendly with the Democrats.  He's still alive, but he's pretty old ( 84 ), and maybe he's too feeble to be much good.

Anyway, there needs to be some people in high places that would help a third party get off the ground.  Then, you'd need a good candidate.  Maybe you could use the aura of Perot to get one started, but with some new ideas and new faces.

Here's an idea:  You've got the Tea Party, the Reform Party ( if there's any of these left ), and the Libertarians.  Amongst these three, you have some elements of a significant movement.  Find somebody who could weave these together into a coalition, then you might have something.

A name for the party?  Maybe you could call it the Whigs.  Yeah, it's an old name, but it represented something then, and it could represent something again.  The Whigs were against tyranny:
This name was chosen to echo the American Whigs of 1776, who fought for independence, and because "Whig" was then a widely recognized label of choice for people who identified as opposing tyranny--- Wikipedia

The organizing principles would be opposition against the tyranny of the left wing politicians, such as Obama and his followers, adherence to the rule of law and the Constitution, and for freedom in general.

There's not much time and people had better get organized fast.


No comments: