Sunday, February 15, 2015

Home again, 2/15/15

No, this wasn't a work day.  I like to write "home again", because getting back home when out there "in the world" isn't necessarily a given.  One day at work, I didn't make it home, and spent 4 days in a hospital due to a car wreck.

Just now, I got back from an errand that went awry.  The reason was entirely my fault.  But that is not what I thought at the time.  It wasn't until I went to another place and tried to do the same thing that I understood what my mistake was.  ( Slapping my forehead, "Doh!")

When I got home from the usual errand on Sunday, which wasn't the above errand, which is grocery shopping, which I hate, I had a mishap when I took the bags out of the van.  One of them broke, and spilled the contents, which proceeded to roll under the van.  Oh, Goody!   I had to go fish it out with a broomstick without the broom, which is about 30 years old.  In the meantime, I had to get down on the ground on my knees, which I hate like all get out, all the while cursing up a storm.  I can hear my Mom from the grave.  She would say on times like these:  "stop growling!"

The accident above wasn't my fault.  But I make so many mistakes that I woke up wondering if it was.  I can't remember to this day what happened in that wreck.  It was witnessed though, and I thank my lucky stars that it was.  And a cop rolled up on it.  Imagine that happening in a deserted place.  You could be there for hours and nobody would know that you were there.

Sobering thought.


No comments: