Saturday, February 21, 2015

Rise and shine, 2/21/15

Woke up and feeling okay.  That's the physical part.  Okay, but not great.  Heck, it's hard to feel great when you've got aches and pains due to getting to be an old fart.

Anyway, I figured out a way to use that money I mentioned yesterday, so I will use it.  I will defer payments on "da Ranch" for the next 14 months.  Actually, it's interest payments that are being deferred.  I still have to pay down the balance of the money that's being borrowed.  This will reduce the outflow of money and it will be a help.

After that, assuming all things go well, I'll go back to putting "da Ranch" on plastic until I get "da guvmint cheese".  So much for financing the part of getting established on "da Ranch".  Every little thing can help.

Now, with respect to the little things, I figured out something that I would have already known if I wasn't a city slicker.  There's bushes and small trees all over my property.  I can use these for firewood.  I don't have to chop them down, just prune them back.  Thus, I will have plenty of firewood for keeping warm in winter and for cooking.  This will reduce my outflow of money even more, since my utility bill will likely go away for the most part.

I've already figured out how to get my food and water.  As for supplies, I'll still have to go to town for those.  Hopefully, that number can be kept reasonably small so that my living expenses on "da Ranch" can be pretty small.  Well, that's the whole idee!


No comments: