Saturday, February 21, 2015

Nightcap

I don't know if I make this another habit to be done on each day.  By the way, I didn't cover the news today.  It hardly seems worth it.  The news organizations work for the benefit of the news organizations.  They do not work for the public.  For the public to take the news organizations seriously is just another one of those kinds of things that is hurting this country.  What is commonly regarded as "news" is nothing more than editorial commentary of a few people, and should be thought of as such, unless good enough reason can be given as to why it is not that.

What I am referring to is fallacies.  It is a slippery slope that all too many fall into.  Maybe at some point, even the most level-headed people will fall into a trap like that.  Everybody makes mistakes sometimes.

Wishbone came over briefly today, and amongst the topics we talked about was this fallacy phenomenon.  It wasn't discussed exactly that way, though.  I'm putting my own imprimatur on it.  I'm calling it that, and as far as I'm concerned on this blog, I am emperor of the almighty verbiage henceforth applied.  I can be stubborn sometimes, lol.

He and I think similarly sometimes, and quite differently most of the time.  We may be brothers, but we aren't clones by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm trying to talk him into going out West, and by jings, he wouldn't go if the Lord Almighty told him to.  I'm exaggerating of course.  I think he would go, but he is negotiating.  I think I detected some negotiation going on.

But I am negotiating too, I suspect.  He wants me to spend money on a trailer.  If I did that, he may be persuaded to go.  I don't like a trailer, and I don't think one is necessary.

But it would help if someone did come along.  Yet to have someone else also increases other risks.  You can't win them all.  One thing that increases risks is that you will need more water, more food, more everything actually.  This isn't necessarily going to be easy to accomplish, even for just one.

But to have someone out there helps with other things.  If there's an accident, and I cannot help myself, it would be a matter of life or death if someone could be there.  There would be a huge risk of catastrophe if something really bad happened, and I am left helpless to deal with it.

I am stubborn enough to go out there alone.  That may be a big mistake born of arrogance.  It may not seem like it, but I can be arrogant.  chuckle, chuckle


No comments: