Sunday, September 7, 2014

Water filtration lab today, continued

Yes, I'm back at this again already.

No, the results aren't getting any better.  sigh.

Maybe I'll make a pic so that anyone who is interested can see what I'm doing.  As for now, I have to go do some chores.  But I'll be back.

As before, updates will be tagged on to this post.  I'll be doing this for most of the day.

Update ( 8:30 am ):

Another idea popped up.  This time, I will try using a column that stands several feet tall that will enable gravity to exert force on water and sand, forcing the water through.

For that purpose, I rigged up an old lamp that broke recently.  It has a long metal tube that I will use instead of PVC pipe.  I'll fill the tube with sand and pour the water in.  Let's see if it works better than this.

Just made a video for a summary of what I'm doing now:




Update ( approx 11 am ):

I ran the filtration test on some rather dirty water.  The results were not exactly clear water, but much improved over what went into the device.

I will have to break this down again and clean everything up so that it will be out of the way.  I figured I would do more experiments today, but this one has ended.  Not enough time.

Let's say the experiment was less than a success.  However, there is one more thing that I will try before moving on to another subject.  This project may continue next week or the week after.  Until then, signing off on the water filtration experiment.


No comments: