Monday, September 8, 2014

A quick mention here about the water filtration subject

Supposedly, I closed the experiment yesterday.  But there was something that I did afterward that was related, and I didn't mention it.

Part of the cleanup involved what to do with all that dirty water?  Well, I took the best of it and put it through the humidifier.  Interesting thing happened.  The water started condensing where I had put the darned thing.

This tells me that condensation part should be relatively easy.  Maybe you don't even need to buy a dehumidifer.  Just place this thing into an enclosed place where it can stay dry, and let it humidify the air with the partially cleaned water.  This water didn't do too much damage ( or any damage ) to the humidifier, but left the water clean after it had condensed.  I put a glass next to where it was coming out.  It was clear and most likely pure water.  But it was only a fraction of the water.

I need to look into the possibility of building a glass case for this humidifier.  The humidifier will go inside and the water should condense on the inside of the case.  The water will run down the sides down to the bottom where it will collect.  That water should be clean.

I know what I can do---buy an aquarium case.  Put the humidifier into the aquarium and put a lid on it.  Water should condense inside the tank.  You can even put the aquarium inside of a refrigerator. The glass walls will be colder than the air inside.  The machine will make it a bit warmer.  Water may even condense on the outside, but perhaps one shouldn't expect too much.  No, the refrigerator idea is too radical.  Let's just place it in front of an air conditioner.


No comments: