Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Checking in: 7/8/14

As will generally be the case, since I am committed to this land purchase in West Texas, my time is going to be spent on that.  There won't be as much time for writing on this here blog, but I don't intend to quit writing here.  This may be a new direction for the blog, but I'm not sure yet.  It kinda depends on how things go with the land.

It occurred to me that maybe I had too much time on my hands before, because this stuff really will take up your time.  It may be a bit of an overgeneralization, and a bit hasty to mention this, but could it be that people who spend time reading and writing up blogs need something more constructive to do with their lives?

There's a lot of angst out there.  How much of that is really necessary or helpful?

As always, I have striven to find solutions to problems.  But I suspect that people are more interested in the problems and conflicts than they are interested in solving those problems.  Those people may be more interested in being entertained, or being the center of attention as entertainers, than in being productive in some way.  A bit of social commentary?  Okay, yeah.  Just a little.

As for my land, I'm still in the very early stages of evaluating it so I'll know what best to do with it.  Heck, I don't even know what I've got.  It may be a big turkey of a deal for all I know.  I bought it nearly sight unseen based upon the notion that I could make it work regardless.  That may have been rather brash and foolish, but what the hell.  You've got to take your chances in this life.  You don't often get perfect information in advance.  Sometimes, you just have to roll up your sleeves and jump in.  Maybe the water's fine, or maybe it's way too cold or even too hot.  In any case, if you don't try, you'll never know.


No comments: