Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pearl Jam - Jeremy

Why put up this video?  It's not very nice, you know.

I never watched this video until I put it up just now.  But I was very familiar with the song.  I found a cassette tape with this song on it back in the early to mid nineties.  It was Pearl Jam's Ten, and I got into the habit of listening to all the songs on it.

There as a time when I had night deliveries that had me out until 2:30 am each night.  This song and the others on that cassette were what kept me awake.  I played them as loud as possible in order to stay awake.  It is a kind of loud music.

The one thing about this song, I didn't understand the words completely.  I don't know why, maybe its me, but the song was unintelligible in certain spots.  Only just now I thought of the song and decided to look it up on the internet.  It was about a boy who committed suicide in front of his class.

The striking thing to me is how closely the song matched me.  In many ways, I was like Jeremy.  Obviously, I didn't do myself in, nor had any intention to at any time during my school days.  I slugged a few guys, and I was also really quiet.  Still am, but I don't hit nobody now.

This is all a bit too much to reveal about myself.  Sometimes I think I write too much here.  But I'll put it out there anyway.

Vedder thinks that we should all rise above it.  Be better than these people.  I agree.

The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself. Be stronger than those people. And then you can come back.  ---  Eddie Vedder





No comments: