Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A couple of announcements

One, for now on, I am going to do my best to forget about popularity.  It is an intoxicating brew.  Even a little recognition seems to make one drunk with self-importance.  Popularity is out the window.  Truth is in, popularity is out.

Two, to back this up even further, I am strongly considering taking the donation button down.  Also, any advertising that may still exist on the front page.  This blog hasn't been profitable, but now, I will turn this to an advantage by not seeking a profit at all.  It may not be much of an advantage, but it does improve my credibility.

I sincerely think we have a problem in this society.  Too much me, me, me.  At the very least, I will try to avoid adding to the problem.  Less of me, me, me might led something that's good for we, we, we.  That's a solution that's worth getting behind, but I wouldn't hold my breath in this culture as it stands today.

Update: ( 3/21/14)

As a mentioned, popularity can be quite seductive.  I'm still watching those numbers.  Although it may seem to be a contradiction, I will keep the "Best of" categories, and I will update them.  Hopefully, I won't obsess over them.


No comments: