Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Wisdom and Virtue

Today was one of those days that seemed like a tough day, but really wasn't.  Maybe it was because it took too long to finish up and now I'm late again in getting home.  But that doesn't give satisfaction at the moment either.

Something I wanted to take note of follows:  I saw a sign that said the following:  "Wisdom is knowing what to do.  Virtue is doing it."  I don't know if that makes me feel good or bad.  Maybe you've got the wisdom, but not the virtue.  I have the notion of what needs to be done, but I'm not doing it.

I can almost see Ann Barnhardt nodding her head.  She might say of us all:  "If you aren't a fool, then you are a coward. There seems to be no shortage of either, nowadays".  To which I could not say anything intelligent in reply.


No comments: