Saturday, December 14, 2013

A trend that you won't see repeated on this blog

I realize people have to make money.  That's something I've always wanted to do with this blog.  Sure, it hasn't happened.  I haven't made a penny off of it.

Now, there are some well-read blogs out there.  One thing I'm noticing more and more is a lot of very annoying advertising.  Just before I started writing this, I clicked on a link from Instapundit to an article in the Altantic.   It was nearly impossible to read the damned article because of the advertising.  I've noticed that on Next Big Future too.  There's an irritating little ad that plays there, not once, but twice on the same damned page.  I've gotten around that problem by turning down the volume.  I hate audio when I'm trying to read.  Chron.com is also bad about that.  I figure if this trend continues long enough, you may as well not read these things anymore.  They are totally useless.

That will never happen on this blog. Even if I don't ever make a penny here, I won't compromise on content.  If you come here, you will see something and you will be able to read it.  Not like these other bozos who are getting too damned greedy and won't keep the damned advertising in check.



No comments: