Saturday, November 19, 2011

People are being herded like so many sheep

This is with respect to the political reporting.  Unfortunately, it cannot be blamed on just one source.  The media and some independent bloggers- at least those who have gotten some influence- are responsible for this.  The latest story is about Cain's claim that there some Taliban in Libya.  This is being reported as reinforcement of the notion that Cain is ignorant.  It turns out that there is indeed Taliban in Libya, as well as Al Qaeda.  So here we go, Cain gets it right, but he is portrayed as an ignoramus.  You can blame this on the left, and you'd be right.  But, the aforementioned independent bloggers on the right are repeating it too.  Just so many sheep, or should I say parrots?

Lest anyone ask if I'm a Cain voter, the answer is NO.  I am carefully considering all of the facts before I make up my mind.  But Texans vote late in the this process.  By the time I get my chance, it will be too late, I suspect.

I regret that some people are trying to influence the process their way, which I think will drive people into voting for pretty much the same kind of politician that we've been getting all along.  Nothing will change, we'll just keep sliding towards bankruptcy and disaster.

No comments: