Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Smelling a rat

There are those who are claiming that Trump's supporters are demoralized.

It may be true that Trump may have given up too much ground, but I am a bit suspicious of the sources.  Some were not on the Trump train from the beginning.  I am thinking of the Ace of Spades blog.  I recall that there were almost never Trumpers themselves.

Sorry, if there are those in these media outfits who are ready to jump ship, it may be well to remember that they really weren't on board to begin with.

Let's be real here.  There really aren't that many Trump people in positions of power.  Trump is basically surrounded by enemies.  For him to survive, he is going to have to be a lot more flexible than what we are probably comfortable with.

On the other hand, it may have been satisfying to watch the GOP Establishment squirm while Trump held their feet to the fire.  I would have liked that, but it is easy for me to say, since it isn't my skin that is on the line.

How many of the "patriots" were willing to organize?  They all like to talk Civil War II, but there aren't very many willing to back that up from what I can see.


No comments: