Friday, August 31, 2018

Who is Andrew Weissman?

In the previous post, Bruce Ohr is said to have worked with Weissman.  I got a bit of info on this guy, but it is still sketchy to me.

He was the leader of the Enron Task Force that convicted Kenneth Lay and Jeff Skilling.

Now the thing here is that I completely ignored that story back when it was hot.  This explains my ignorance of Weissman.

Stuff like this is likely to be ignored by yours truly.  Not that I am getting blind sided.  I just don't believe these guys.

The case was reviewed by the Supreme Court, partially overturned, and Skilling was re-sentenced.

But the prosecution was upheld.  Nevertheless, there was prosecutorial misconduct.

Kenneth Lay died before sentencing.  So, there's nothing on him.

After reading Sidney Powell's article on Newsmax, the tactics used on Arthur Anderson accounting firm appear once again in the Trump probe.  One example of the tactics employed is forced confessions.  This is happening in America?  Sadly, yes.

Sidney Powell comments upon the Trump/Russia probe in the blog Last Refuge.  This is where I first encountered her name.

Now I am a bit more up to speed on this guy.  I heard that Mueller had gotten some high profile people, but I didn't look any further.  It was me repeating the same pattern of behavior as in the Enron case.  I can't take these people seriously, yet other people do.  How this guy is allowed to continue in the Trump / Russia probe is a scandal in itself.

It may also be the reason the left is salivating over the prospects of this guy bagging the POTUS.


No comments: