Thursday, August 30, 2018

Off grid post 8.30.18

The project trudges forward, ever so slowly.

I got my squeeze ball thingie.  Actually, it is two of them.  I'm skimming off the water that I use to wash my hands.  The Ivory soap seems to separate out after sitting awhile.  I am also thinking of using the spinner, from the wash machine, as a centrifuge.

What about other water?  Dishwater from the kitchen does not use this soap.  Water does not separate out.

Haven't been using the pots and pans lately.  No dish washing.  It is all sandwiches and such things as that.  No cooking.  If I cook, then I need to have a way to recapture that water.  But I haven't been recapturing that water.  That is another project.

Besides filtering, I have been practicing extreme conservation.  In four days, I have used an average of less than 2 gals a day.  This may gross out you people.  How do I do that?  Very, very carefully.

I am actually going to try to get some of that water back.  But a lot of it is going to have to go in flushing the toilet.  The water isn't worth cleaning up if it is too dirty.




No comments: