Sunday, November 5, 2017

Obligatory, 11.5.17

Today, I worked on the finer points of my climate control system.  After dividing the bedroom into half, and having earlier set up a heater/cooler based upon circulation of water through a heater core;  I am now tasked with integrating the two into a system that will hopefully use the least amount of energy, and the most amount of solar energy.

The reason for this is that solar energy is expensive.  However, when out in the boondocks, using a propane generator may not be all that economical either.  In any case, it behooves one to minimize the use of energy no matter what the final configuration of the system will be.  That is what I have been doing with my off-the-grid project.

I am encouraged by my progress, but things could be better.  That just incentivizes me to keep after the problem until I have it solved.


No comments: